The Graduate School of Education at the University has over 165 years of experience in Education. It offers a wide range of initial teacher education (PGCE) and postgraduate programmes, for both full-time and part-time study, and is recognised us as one of the top Education research schools in the country. Its international community of researchers has an excellent record of winning external funding, and its research centres provide structure and support, promoting collaboration and impact. Recent guides have placed it:
- 5th in the UK for world-leading and internationally excellent research in Education and influencer of national education policy.
- 2nd amongst university teacher training providers in The Good Teacher Training Guide 2012.
- Top 100 in the world for Education (QS World University Rankings 2013).
- Recognised by the Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) and as an outstanding provider of Early Years, Primary and Secondary teacher education in England.
- Home to one of the largest education libraries in the UK.
The School has specialist facilities, including one of the largest Education libraries in the UK, a print unit with full reprographic services and extensive IT facilities.
RETAIN Research Contacts in the UK
Karen Walshe - RETAIN Principle Researcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lindsay Hetherington – RETAIN Researcher and link with Schools, email@example.com
Andrew Dean - Administrative Support and Funding, firstname.lastname@example.org